Saturday, August 21

keep praying for Enzo

I have spoken to some of Enzo's friends and family this morning, but no one knows anything more at this stage. My information in the previous post came via a mutual friend who talked with the Iraqi red cross drivers who were in the convoy from Najaf. My working theory is that the people who have taken him are after money and therefore should keep him safe, i hope that's correct. I know that Enzo is a brave and resourceful person, as well as being warm hearted and instantly likeable. If anyone has any news you can reach me on 0044 7813 137171 or email to justin [at] jubileeiraq [dot] org (though i'll be away from my computer a little today). There are two other blogs which might carry news about Enzo in their comments pages. Here are auto-translation links for non-italian speakers (like myself): Enzo's blog, Pino's blog. If you hear any new information, please post it in the comments page of this blog and the other two so other friends will see it.

Seperately Ghareeb's closest friend Ewa Jasiewicz is back in detention in Israel. She was released on bail after an Israeli court found that the state had no evidence against her (it was claiming she was threat to security because she has been involved in the International Solidarity Movement and was an eyewitness to an Israeli killing of a 13yr old Palastinian boy last year), however immediately the Israeli government immediately appealed so she is back in detention (see BBC news). I don't know if she has heard about Ghareeb's death yet, and I can't decide whether to try and contact her and tell her since she has enough to deal with as it is.

Ma'asalama, love, peace and constant prayers.

No comments: