Thursday, October 30

Iraq conference + day job update

The Reconstructing Iraq conference which I spoke at on Monday went reasonably well. On the plus side I didn't mumble, stutter or get stuck (my usual fears with public speaking), got an invitation to speak at a similar conference in the US and was thanked afterwards by a number of people, including a delegate from a Russian oil company - very bizarre!

Update on my day job (NPC): There now a 3-page summary of my guidebook on philanthropic giving to tackle AIDS in South Africa online. I'm currently working on one about cancer in the UK, might be doing AIDS in India early in the new year, and then it's likely I'll do a long project on prisoners and ex-offenders in Britiain for much of 2004. My big hope is to get the go ahead to do a guidebook on peace and reconsiliation worldwide, which would involve visiting lots of amazing grassroots projects in conflict zones and trying to secure lots of funding for them.

No comments: