Wednesday, May 16

Change of identity

To those who've been redirected here from my old site, and to anyone who has just stumbled upon this page, Ahlan wa sahlan, blogi blogkum (a warm welcome, please consider my blog as your blog) - okay that greeting doesn't work so well for virtual rather than physical guests! I'm kinds busy at the moment with multiple reports, projects and campaigns on the go, so won't probably won't write anything for a few weeks, but you know where to find me now!

My old blog title didn't make as much sense as it used to. Back in 2003 when there was some hope of the Occupation ending quickly and a peaceful and prosperous Iraq emerging, that slightly tongue in cheek title was intended to emphasis how much I value Iraq and Iraqis - I'd actually like to be one of them! Honestly I imagined living out in Baghdad for much of my life, firstly supporting the rebuilding of the country (which I feel a responsibility to be involved in, as a result of the damage caused in part by Britain over the last century and particularly the Sanctions and wars during my lifetime) and secondly enjoying the richness of culture and the warmth of the people in the cradle of civilisation. After four long years of bloodshed that seems so unrealistic that the title now sounds very strange and might even seem to be sarcastic. Hence I've changed it.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Hi there- congrats on the new blog. it's too bad you are now renewing your old domain name though, i thought it was really cool.

hope all is well,

niki