Monday, November 1

Urgent: Pray for Fallujah

The situation in Iraq continues to get worse. I was talking with a friend in Baghdad this morning and I could hear the sound of battle in the street outside his home. I've just heard the dreadful news that the Deputy Governor of Baghdad has been assassinated, I'm particularly worried as one of my dearest friends had recently started working for him (after years of unemployment) and I don't yet know if he was caught in the attack or not.

The worst place of all is Fallujah, which Bush seems to be gearing up to attack in a cynical attempt to win votes tomorrow. I've just been chatting with a brave friend who has remained in the city, he writes: "NOW THE AIREPLANS IS OVER Fallujah and befor one hour attacks with tanks some houses in side fallujah but we thank for god that houses without any peoples. I am sure your prayers it will protect me and my peoples. yes, most of the peoples such womens and children are left fallujah but the large number of men and youth is stay to defince and protect my town. I hope to hear your voice again." So please pray for my friend's safety and for all the innocent people in Iraq.

No comments: